Becoming a commercial pilot
Glamour, status, financial growth and the thrill of flying, what more could one ask for in a Job.
Computer Number is an Unique Identification Number, allotted to a candidate after his Computer Number Allotment Application is approved by CEO, DGCA. This is used for appearing in DGCA examinations and for any correspondence with CEO, DGCA. A candidate is authorised to have only one computer number. Need to apply online at pariksha.dgca.gov.in.
- Attested copy of Passed 10th Standard / Equivalent.
- Attested copy of Passed 12th Standard (with Maths & Physics as subjects)
- Verification Certificate of both 10th and 10+2 Standard (with Maths & Physics) mark lists obtained from the Board / University concerned
- Permanent Address Proof
*Passport if available
*3 passport photograph
*Birth certificate (if 10th Not available) (min Age 16 yrs)
Class I Medical is required for obtaining a CPL, though flying training can be done on Class II medical. Students are advised to clear Class I medical before commencing flying training.
- Fees Rs 3000/-
- Payment: For IAF online through bharatkosh.gov.in
- Others Direct
- Centres: AFCME, New Delhi IAM, Bangalore MEC (East), Jorhat Dr Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, MumbaiApollo Heart Centre, Chennai
- Appointment: DGCA Medical Cell for IAF centres
- Direct for Private
- Education : Class XII with Physics and Maths
- Age : Min 18 years ( on date of application)
- Knowledge—pass (70%) (online every quarter)
Air Regulations, Air Navigation, Meteorology and Aircraft and Engines
Min of Communication RT Exam (held six times a year – twice in Delhi and once in Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai).
Medical Class I
Flying Experience: Total 200 hrs
Total 100 hrs
Last 6 months 15 hrs (incl 5 hrs by night)
X Country 20 hrs
10 hrs Instrument